Menu

EVLOMO, Rojana Industrial Park to set up 8 GWh lithium battery plant in Thailand

News
Corporate developments

In the first stage, both parties will set up 1 GWh plant with an investment of USD143 million in 18–24 months

EVLOMO and Rojana Industrial Park Public Co., Ltd. have announced plans to setup an 8 GWH lithium-ion battery plant in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) of Thailand, according to a company press release. The companies will together invest up to a total of USD1.06 billion through a new joint venture company. In this new JV company, Rojana would own 55% shares and the rest 45% would be owned by EVLOMO. The battery plant will be located on a greenfield manufacturing site at Nong Yai, Chonburi, Thailand and will create more than 3,000 new jobs.

Thank you for visiting IHS Markit AutoTechInsight.

*A subscription to News & Analysis includes four IHS Markit-selected sector-specific analytical pieces per month. Access to all analytic pieces across all domains comes with a subscription to All Services. Please click here to subscribe.

For a free daily listing of headlines with limited access please sign up here.

To get access to the AutoTechInsight full suite of services, please contact a sales representative by clicking here.

Already a subscriber? Please log in here

preload preload preload preload preload