A disruptive 2020 is touchstone for vehicle electrification
IHS Markit has analyzed the major powertrain electronics subsystems and their semiconductor components taking into account propulsion system design (ICE, electric, hybrid…), fuel type, prevailing emission standard, power of electric motor, battery type and other engine characteristics to develop a forecast for semiconductor ICs that extends from 2016 to 2032.
This market tracker provides an extensive analysis of semiconductors used in the following powertrain applications:
- Engine management systems including ECU, aftertreatment,
- TCU of different transmission designs including DCT, CVT, Automatic etc.
- Hybrid electric vehicle/electric vehicle sub-systems including Motor Generator inverter/converter, Sound generator, On-board charger, Battery management system, DCDC converter.
- Auxiliary systems include e-water pump, electric cooling fans, e-turbocharger/e-booster, e-heater, e-compressor, e-oil pump.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What is the impact of rising HEV/EV production on semiconductor content? Who are the winners?
- How will emissions regulations affect HEV/EV adoption?
- What are the major automotive semiconductor trends in vehicle electrification?
- What are the chances for SiC/GaN in power electronics?
- Marketing, sales executives, procurement, R&D
- Tier 1, 2, and 3 suppliers
- Foundries, equipment for ASIC and semiconductor
- Packaging and Test
- Materials supply companies