This tracker provides insight into the MEMS and other silicon sensors market for the automotive industry, focusing on the key factors driving this market, technological trends and the status of the organizations in this space.
Major families of devices covered include:
- MEMS sensors including pressure, inertial, flow, infrared, timing devices
- Image sensors including cameras
- Magnetic sensors such as position, speed and current
- Light sensors including ambient light, proximity, TOF and encoders
- Temperature sensors
- Radar short- and long-range sensors
Key Issues addressed
- What happened to the industry supply chain during the course of the year? How well was it managed and what are the implications for current and future years?
- With the automotive sales slowdown end of 2018 and into 2019, what are the implications for sensor suppliers? Are supply bubbles looming and how long will inventory burning last?
- How did sensor manufacturers fare? Which companies did better and why?
- Electrification: what sensors benefit from this trend?
- Emissions update: WLTP and implications for car market and sensing.
- With autonomous driving coming, what kinds of inertial sensors are needed and what are the performance specifications?
- What are the effects of functional safety on component average selling prices?
Marketing and Product Managers, Market Analysts, and Executives: MEMS & Sensor Component Manufacturers, MEMS Foundries, Equipment for MEMS, ASIC and Semiconductor Manufacturers
Procurement Managers: OEMs, Tier 1