Toyota, Denso agree to establish JV for R&D of next-generation in-vehicle semiconductors

Strategic Partnerships

New company will conduct advanced research on basic structure and processing method of next-gen semiconductors and develop electronics components using these jointly-developed semiconductors

Toyota Motor and its group supplier Denso have agreed to establish a joint venture (JV) to conduct research and development of next-generation in-vehicle semiconductors in April 2020, the leading Japanese supplier said in a press release today (10 July). Denso will have controlling take of 51% in the JV company while Toyota will own the remaining 49%.

Thank you for visiting IHS Markit AutoTechInsight.

*A subscription to News & Analysis includes four IHS Markit-selected sector-specific analytical pieces per month. Access to all analytic pieces across all domains comes with a subscription to All Services. Please click here to subscribe.

For a free daily listing of headlines with limited access please sign up here.

To get access to the AutoTechInsight full suite of services, please contact a sales representative by clicking here.

Already a subscriber? Please log in here

preload preload preload preload preload